1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect and receive Personal Information and other information from a variety of sources and in a variety of ways, including those listed below. Personal Information means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Personal Information does not include information that has been deidentified, pseudonymized or anonymized to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Interactions with the Sites and Us. When you visit the Sites, you may choose to provide Personal Information and other information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number. For example, in order to fill out our online contact form, you will provide your name, email address, telephone number, and state and country of residence. You may also provide Personal Information when you contact us by email or telephone or meet us or our partners in person at events and other locations.
- Service Providers. We collect Personal Information and other information about individuals associated with service providers that we engage, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, company name and title.
- Job Applications. We collect information when you apply for a job with us, including your name, address, email address, telephone number, and information on your resume.
- Device and Browser Information. When you visit the Sites, we may collect information, such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, which pages you visit and how long you spend on each page, your geographic location, and the unique number (such as IP address) assigned to your server or Internet connection.
- Social Media Sites. If any Sites are accessible through or link to third-party social networking sites and you use such features, or you interact with our social networking sites, we may have access to certain information associated with your social media account such as your name, email address and photograph. If you are a member of the social networking site, the social networking site may connect your visit to the Sites with your Personal Information.
- Other Information. We may obtain Personal Information about you from third parties, including entities that direct you to or are accessible via the Sites, and business partners.
You are not obligated to provide us with your Personal Information in all of the cases described above or to view material on the Sites. However, without your Personal Information, we may not be able to fulfill all of the functions described above. For example, we may not be able to provide you with information you request from us.
2. USES AND PURPOSES OF INFORMATION
We use Personal Information and other information for the purposes described below.
- To provide our services to you
- To respond to your online, email or telephone inquiries
- To contact you regarding our services, fulfill your requests made on the Sites and through other interactions with us
- To provide you marketing materials regarding products and services we think would interest you
- To improve the functionality, customization, personalization, security, design and/or content of the Sites
- To conduct web analytics, including analyzing usage and patterns on the Sites
- To aggregate and/or deidentify information from you and other users of the Sites
- To develop new products and services
- To administer, fulfill and enforce contractual obligations
- To evaluate job applicants
- For compliance purposes and legal obligations, such as complying with legal and regulatory requirements, protecting and defending us and our affiliates against legal actions or claims, and preventing fraud
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
Your Personal Information and other information may be shared with third parties as follows:
- Your Personal Information and other information may be shared with third parties that we engage to provide services to us. We may also provide your Personal Information and other information to third parties that assist with the operation or maintenance of Sites, that provide us with analytic services, and other functions.
- We may share with third parties information that has been deidentified or anonymized such that the third party cannot personally identify you from the information we share.
- We may share your information with other entities within our corporate family. We may also share or transfer your information if we enter into a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of some or all of our assets, or in preparation for any of these events.
- We may share your Personal Information with other parties based on your consent.
4. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES.
You must be at least 18 years old, or the age of majority to enter into a contract, whichever is older, to use the Sites. However, if you become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a minor without your consent and you are the minor’s parent or guardian, please notify us at the email or write to us as the contact address listed in Section 12 below and we will delete their Personal Information from our records.
6. RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- Opt-Out of Marketing. If you wish to opt-out of receiving any marketing solicitations from us, or from our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes if you have given prior consent, please contact us at the email or postal address listed in Section 12. Even if you opt-out, we may still use and share the information we collect for non-marketing purposes.
- Unsubscribe from Emails. Any marketing emails we send will include an automated way for you to opt out (unsubscribe) from marketing emails sent by us. To unsubscribe, please follow the instructions in the email you receive.
- Notice to California Residents. If you are an individual and a California resident, and the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) applies to our processing of your Personal Information as a business under the CCPA, this section provides additional information to you. This section does not apply to any matters exempted from the CCPA during the period of exemption, including (a) Personal Information we collect about employees, owners, directors, officers, contractors or job applicants and (b) Personal Information we collect while communicating or transacting with an individual who is acting on behalf of another business and the communication or transaction occurs only within a business context. If you have a disability and need information on how to access this Policy in an alternative format, please contact us at the email or postal address listed in Section 12.
- Categories of Personal Information: To the extent permitted by applicable law, Personal Information does not include information that is publicly available. We collect the following categories of Personal Information listed in the CCPA, and may have collected any or all of this information in the preceding 12 months: (a) identifiers such as name, postal address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number and passport number; (b) categories described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), such as telephone number, insurance policy number, education, employment, bank, credit card number or other financial information and medical information; (c) characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, national origin, age over 40, disabilities, sex, marital status and military status; (d) commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies; (e) biometric information; (f) internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet web site, application, or advertisement; (g) geolocation data; (h) audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information; (i) professional or employment-related information; (j) education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information (as defined in 20 U.S.C. § 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99); and (k) inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a person reflecting the person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Sources and Use of Personal Information. We collect Personal Information from the sources listed in Section 1. We use Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes listed in Section 2.
- Disclosure or Sale of Personal Information. We do not sell Personal Information to third parties. We may disclose Personal Information for business purposes and/or to the third parties listed in Section 3.
- CCPA Requests. You have the right to make the following requests to the extent permitted by applicable law. These rights have important conditions and exemptions, and we reserve the right to deny or limit the response to these requests to the extent permitted by applicable law. Although as a general matter we will not charge fees to process such requests, if your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may deny them or charge you a fee.
- Right to Know: You may request that we disclose the following information, applicable to the 12-month period preceding the receipt of your request: (a) categories of your Personal Information we collected; (b) categories of sources of your Personal Information; (c) business or commercial purposes for collecting your Personal Information; (d) categories of third parties with whom we shared your Personal Information; and (e) specific pieces of your Personal Information we collected. We are not required to provide this information to the same person more than twice within a 12-month period.
- Request to Delete: You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information we collected.
- Instructions for Submitting CCPA Requests. You may submit CCPA requests by contacting us at the email or postal address listed in Section 12. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to any requests, with the level and type of verification depending on the nature of your request and/or the nature of the Personal Information involved in the request. We may require you to submit additional personal or other information in order to verify your identity. You may use an authorized agent to submit your request if the agent has your legal power-of-attorney or you provide the agent signed permission, verify your identity with us, and confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. We may deny or limit the response to requests where we are unable to verify your identity or the authorized agent’s authority or we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your CCPA privacy rights.
7. UNITED STATES POLICY
We are organized in the United States. Information provided in jurisdictions outside of the United States will be transferred to and processed in the United States and other locations. By providing us your information, you consent to the transfer to and processing of your information in the United States. We make no representation that the practices described in this Policy are compliant with laws outside of the United States that apply to the collection, security, use and disclosure of information. If you are located outside the United States, please be advised that some jurisdictions, such as the European Economic Area, do not consider the privacy protections in the United States to be adequate. When information is transferred to the United States, it will be handled in accordance with the laws of the United States.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide any information you request; as necessary for the performance of legal agreements; to comply with legal obligations, including document preservation practices; to resolve disputes; during applicable statutes of limitations; in accordance with our internal document retention policy; and for other legitimate purposes.
Although we employ technical and organizational controls that we believe are reasonably appropriate to protect your information, we do not guarantee that our security precautions will protect against the loss or misuse of your information. Similarly, we cannot guarantee the privacy of information you transmit over the Internet or that may be collected in transit by others, including contractors that provide services to us.
10. OTHER WEBSITES AND LINKS
The Sites may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the information collection or privacy practices of other websites. You should consult the privacy policies of other sites before you visit those sites or provide any information to those sites.
11. REVISIONS TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to revise this Policy at any time. Please review this Policy periodically for changes and at any time you provide information to us. We will post any revised versions of the Policy on the Sites. We will also notify you if we make material changes to the Policy by posting a notice on the Sites or contacting you by other methods. By continuing to access or use the Sites after changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the terms of the revised Policy.
12. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, or wish to exercise your rights listed above, please contact us by email at email@example.com or write to us at ImmunoGenetics.com, 269 S Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90212.
Last Updated: August 5, 2021