Information is everything.
Whether you’d like a deeper understanding of your immune system’s role in your disease or are looking for help managing physical and emotional symptoms, we are here to help.
The innate and adaptive immune systems work cooperatively, with the adaptive system relying on the innate system to let it know about potential pathogens.
LIVING WITH CANCER
Having cancer changes your life and the lives of those around you. It’s important to communicate with your family and loved ones regarding the many emotions that come with having the disease.
This booklet offers support and help with talking about the emotions and stressors that come with having cancer, including:
- The different feelings you may have and how to cope with and talk about them
- Changes for your family and ways to communicate concerns
- Talking to your health care team about your cancer and what questions to ask
- Getting help and support from family and friends
- Coping with a new self-image and body changes
- Managing your day-to-day life with cancer
Today’s advances in research and cancer care have greatly increased survivorship of those diagnosed and treated for cancer.
Once their cancer is in remission, the energy and focus of survivors shifts from fighting the disease to adjusting back into everyday life. This booklet addresses many of the issues confronting cancer survivors, including:
- Your new normal after treatment
- Getting appropriate follow-up medical care
- Changes to make for health and wellness
- Ways to manage emotional and physical symptoms
- Finding a support group
- Going back to work and relating with friends and coworkers